The Rules and Regulations
- All visiting divers must sign in to the day log as they arrive at Stoney Cove. If you have a Stoney Cove Diverlog registration card, carry it with you at all times, even in the water.
follow the Stoney Cove recommendations for responsible diving and safe diving
practices of your diving associations e.g.: BSAC, PADI, SAA, SSI etc.
not dive solo,and if you become separated from your buddy or group, ascend and rejoin at the surface.
must meet the minimum age requirement of your training association and be no younger
than 12 years old. Junior participants must be closely supervised by adults.
diving schools, instructors and other divers, who use Stoney Cove in an 'at work'
situation, i.e. receive payment or some other form of favour or reward must operate
within the requirements of the Diving at Work Regulations 1997 and notify us of any diving project conducted at Stoney Cove.
- The use of images still or moving of any part of Stoney Cove for commercial purposes requires specific permission.
- Wear a buoyancy aid at all times.
- Plan your dives with consideration to our regulations, recommendations and information we provide. Read our notices, if unsure ask us, assess the risks associated with Stoney Cove and its features, if in doubt don't dive!
- Diver propulsion vehicles can only be used with extreme caution, and never in poor visibilty.
- Do not dive outside the displayed opening times.
- When using a rebreather, use either a Surface Marker Buoy throughout your dive or use a delayed SMB to mark your ascent.
- Used Sodalime from rebreathers must be a disposed of away from Stoney Cove.
not run, shout, wave of blow whistles unless there is an emergency.
not damage or remove pieces from the objects of interest in the water, or cause
any harm to the wildlife above or below the water.
the volume of car radios down.
- Do not leave children unsupervised.
- All dogs must be kept on a lead - please clean up after them.
- Do not use any naked flame device, including BBQ,s.
- Please drive vehicles slowly with care, do not obstruct any roadway or access and have respect for each other and our neighbours.
- The decanting of oxygen or the use of portable compressors is not permitted anywhere on the site.
- Please follow all directions given by Stoney Cove staff.
- Stick to the rules. We reserve the right to refuse entry, suspend or cancel the Diverlog registration of any diver or contractor who contravenes the Stoney Cove regulations.
- Warning Scuba diving can be dangerous, incidents can occour, sometimes with fatal consequences. All divers have the responsibility for their own safety. Instructors, dive guides and diving buddies have a duty of care for those who are diving with them. divers are reminded that they have the resposibility for the first actions to effect a successful rescue.