Be a PADI
Be the most sought-after dive professional in the world.
Become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
Become a PADI Instructor
Are you a divemaster or certified assistant that’s ready to take dive leadership to the next level? Then, you’re ready to start your journey towards PADI® Instructor. PADI Instructors are the most in-demand dive professionals with scuba career opportunities available globally. As a PADI Instructor, you’ll transform the lives of others while living a life others only dream of.
Why Become a PADI Instructor at Stoney Cove
- 38 of years in the Instructor Development business
- PADI 5* Centre
- On-site classrooms, pool and open water
- 100% Success Rate
- Additional Training specific to teaching in the UK and UK regulations (Diving at Work Regulations)
- The best IDC experience – learn from the years of experience and make new lifelong connections
- If you’re ready to become a PADI Instructor, enroll in the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC).
- During your IDC training, you’ll build upon your skills as a divemaster or certified assistant while also developing your public speaking and teaching skills. You will also hone your in-water skills to demonstration-ready levels, and learn how to properly evaluate in-water skills performed by student divers.
- Upon successful completion of the IDC, you’ll attend a PADI Instructor Examination conducted by PADI Regional Headquarters staff. This is the final step towards earning your PADI Instructor certification. The Instructor Examination is unique to PADI and ensures all new PADI Instructors are prepared for real world teaching prior to certification.
What can I teach as a PADI Instructor?
As a PADI Instructor, you can teach and conduct a variety of PADI’s most popular recreational courses and programs, including:
- PADI Scuba Diver/Open Water Diver
- Adventure Diver/Advanced Open Water Diver
- Rescue Diver
- Advanced Snorkeler (Skin Diver) and Discover Snorkeling
- Discover Scuba® Diving
- PADI Seal Team™ and Bubblemaker™
- PADI ReActivate® and Discover Local Diving
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- PADI AWARE™ Specialty
- Coral Reef Conservation
What prerequisites are required to enroll in the PADI IDC?
- have been a certified diver for at least six months
- be a minimum of 18 years old
- have at least 60 logged dives to enter the IDC, and 100 logged dives to attend an Instructor Examination
- complete an Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care certification course (or equivalent course) within the past 24 months
- be medically cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months
- You will also need to be certified as an Emergency First Response Instructor or hold a qualifying credential for your PADI Instructor application to be approved at PADI
Dive professionals with a professional rating from another organization may be eligible to enroll in the PADI IDC – contact us to learn more!
Are you ready to begin your journey to PADI Instructor?
Contact us for private counseling and to help plan your next steps as a dive professional.
Your dream of becoming a PADI Instructor starts today. Let us show you how!
EFR Instructor – 3rd & 4th December 2022
IDC – 6th – 12th December 2022
MSDT Prep – 13th – 15th December 2022
Instructor Exam – 17th & 18th December 2022
What will I learn?
You will learn the PADI Standards and Procedures for PADI courses and how to instruct using the PADI System.
WHY CHOOSE THE DIVE SCHOOL @ STONEY COVE?
All of your equipment, manuals and certificates are provided and there are no hidden extra costs.
WHY LEARN AT STONEY COVE?
At Stoney Cove we use our fabulous facilities and experience at the National Diving Centre to develop your full potential.
Where better to learn than the National Dive Centre?
At Stoney Cove we use our fabulous facilities and experience at the National Diving Centre to develop your full potential as a scuba instructor. You will learn to organise classroom sessions, effectively use PADI’s teaching materials and become a confident public speaker. Demonstrating skills in our training pool will become second nature to you. You will earn the trust of your dive team in our open water environment.
An overview of our professional courses
Learn how to keep your dive team safe and compliant within the stringent requirements of the United Kingdoms “Diving at Work Regulations”, all here at one location, Stoney Cove.
IDC Instructor Development Course
Here’s where you take the step up and become a professional scuba instructor with a qualification that will open the doors to the best diving jobs in the world.
Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI)
You will learn the PADI Standards and Procedures for PADI courses and how to instruct using the PADI System, while managing risk to keep divers safe.
Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT)
Master Scuba Diver Trainer is an essential progression from Open water Instructor. An MSDT qualification shows your students that you have all of the skills and speciality ratings to train a diver up to Master Scuba Diver level.
Emergency First Response Instructor (EFRi)
EFR courses make learning easy in a comfortable environment where your students can practice their emergency care skills.
IDC Staff Instructor Course
The PADI Staff Instructor qualification is the first step towards becoming a Course Director. Once certified you will be able to support a Course Director in the delivery of an Instructor Development Course (IDC)
The PADI Difference.
PADI Divers carry the most respected and sought after scuba diving credentials in the world. No matter where you choose to dive, your PADI certification card will be recognised and accepted. In fact, on most scuba diving adventures, you’ll be surrounded by other PADI Divers who made the same certification choice you did – to train with the world’s largest and most respected scuba diving training organisation.
Get in touch
We share your passion for diving, please get in touch if you have any questions about any of our courses or if you have a specific requirement or training need.